Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Week 9 - You Tube, Podcasts, etc...

Well, when I saw that there was an American Bandstand 50th Anniversary on You Tube, I just had to check it out. Very cool! I watched Bandstand every day after school as a kid and longed to be on with all the cool dancers (I even knew all their names). But, I was too young, and it seemed like forever until I would turn 14.

I think maybe we could use this for sharing storytimes, training or maybe even author visits and interviews. I liked that there are so many choices, but that makes it even harder to navigate (for me, at least).

On Yahoo Podcasts, I was intrigued by the Irish and Celtic Music that I could sign up to receive. I added an RSS feed of this to my bloglines account. I also looked at Storynory, audio storied for kids.

I have had training on Overdrive and NetLibrary and created account then. I chose a new title by James Patterson, The Quickie.

No comments: